Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gone With the Wind

As we were watching Gone With the Wind the other day
I remembered how in love with Rhett Butler I was when I was a little girl.
My Mom told me I was a hopeless romantic.
I had no clue what that even meant.

I learned to play My Own true Love when I was about 8 or 9.
I worked so hard on it and played it every day. hahaha 
All because I wanted to be Scarlett O'Hara..... Well I just wanted to look like Vivian Leigh.
Because lets face it, no one wants to be Scarlett O'Hara!
How crazy was she???? Going after Ashley?! Whaaaa?! 
Over Rhett Butler? 
Really?
So.... I've decided.... I'll take him!

 Yes Rhett? Did you need something?

 Thank you for the tea.... but where's Rhett?
And who padded the walls in my bedroom?
Do you give a damn now Rhett?
Before you ask..... those really are MY eyebrows.
They kinda matched Vivian's.
How cool is that?
I have nearly the same eyebrows as Vivian Leigh?!
And really that's where the similarities end. Darn.

I mean darn for her!
I'm so much prettier than she is. duh.
I'll let you decide.
If Rhett had to choose one... I mean.... It's obvious!
Bahahaha

I think I had way to much fun with my kids doing this post!
They've been laughing all morning.

The most beautiful women in the world are my Mom and Vivian Leigh.
Why didn't I take after my Mom more?
humph!
It would have made this post a little easier.

17 comments:

SAHMwife said...

I love that movie! I following you as RambleSAHM!
http://ramblesahm.blogspot.com/

Sonya said...

Hi! Sonya here from SocialMoms! I have a bird named Rhett. I had Scarlet as well (I loved her name & so his had to be Rhett by default). Now I don't have Scarlet anymore, just Rhett. :)

Meredith said...

Oh that's sad.... bye sweet birdie Scarlett!

Shmonae said...

found ya through ...I'm not sure, but I am following now and love your blog! love to see ya over at my place for a diet coke ;)

Ellen said...

Thanks for finding me and leaving a message through bloggy moms. I haven't had time to really learn that site. I'm your newest follower from A Season for All Things. ~ Ellen

Hedgetoad said...

thanks for the invite to your blog via BloggyMoms... I love the name of your blog!

I'm following! ;)

Krystal said...

new follower from bloggy moms :)
and following on twitter
@missxkrystal

Dana said...

What a fun post! Oh, I loved Gone With the Wind as a kid (and still love to re-read the book). Your pictures are hilarious! Yes, Rhett over Ashley any day.

www.18years2life.com
@18years2life

Cherie said...

Following you from Bloggy Moms! I would love for you to follow back!

http://journeythroughmommyhood.blogspot.com

Claude Nougat said...

Hi, happy to follow you! I love your blog and photos, especially the... eyebrows!

Looking forward to your visits on my blog!

Mighty 2 Save said...

Oh my word, that is so funny! Love it! Following you from social moms! Come follow us back! :)

morganX said...

love this--too funny. I look forward to being your newest follower =)


http://theworldthatswallowedthegirl.blogspot.com/

Danelle said...

Thanks for connecting with me on blggy moms. I joined your site as a follower. Hope you'll follow back. Your blog is fun to explore.

Danelle

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

You nerd! I want you to do your hair like Scarlett just for kicks!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

You are hilarious!!! I think you and your eyebrows are very lovely. :)

Sandi said...

I absolutely love Vivian Leigh as well AND AND AND I completely agree that she was crazy to not want Rhett Butler!!!

RoryBore said...

Who could say no to Rhett, honestly?

Just stopping by to let you know that I received the Versatile Blogger Award today, and have listed you as one of the blogs I would love to pass the award on to! Missing your humour lately :(

post is here:

http://amothersluv.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-first-award.html