Friday, February 18, 2011

Performance Dresses

Cleaning out my closet reminds me of that scene from Monty Pythons Holy Grail where they are calling out in the streets "Bring out chir dead!"
Not that I wanna give you the impression that I'm cleaning out my closet today.  Just that I NEED to.  I really really do.  But, not today kids.  Nope not today.

I'm busy living on the edge. I just got back from JC Penny's.
Long story short my daughter has a solo in school. Today she sings for the first time with the live band.  She had to take her performance dress to show her teacher.  I kid you not she took Laura Ingalls dress to school!
She literally was prepared to look like Little House on the Prairie for her big performance.

I happen to know a little bit about performing on stage.  Laura Ingalls dresses, while cute for the beach or perhaps church, don't make the best choices for PAZAZING the stage.

Thanks for letting me vent to you all.  I feel better. Not fantastic. But better. :)

Here are her choices for dress options. Which one do you guys love the most?


 Of course the gray one would have some major sparkly jewelry and cute high heel boots to go with it.
The others you can see why they would be perfect for the stage.  They're loud. She's gonna have a shade to go under the straps. FYI

10 comments:

Karen said...

I'm really loving the one on the right. The one that's the most colorful. She will look stunning no matter what! Good luck to her!

Robyn said...

She's so beautiful, she'll look good in any of them. I wish I ould be there to hear her. Good luck Abbs!

Vern said...

I vote the grey one!

Melanie McFadden @ The McMommy Diaries said...

I vote the gray one too!! That's my style. lol
www.TheMcMommyDiaries.blogspot.com

Diane said...

I love the colorful floral one. Looks like it would stand out on stage.

Love your blog and happy to have found you. Diane

Cabubsmom said...

They are all so cute, but I think I like the bottom one the best. It's so adorable :) I hope she does well....

Country Wife said...

I love them bright floral one, but when you said bling and boots with the grey one! SOLD! I hope she does great!

Meredith said...

Thanks guys! You're awesome! Abby is still undecided though. ugh...

Ginger said...

I like the bright floral one, but I love the idea of the gray one with bling and boots. Sounds very refined and stylish!

I think that's a really tough decision, but they're all cute, and regardless of what she wears, the performance is about her, not her clothes! She'll do GREAT and people will remember that :)

April said...

New follower from Bloggy Moms - I hope you'll drop by my blog!

All of those dresses are cute!

Frugally Green Mom