Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Grounded

My kids are grounded for the next couple of days because they....
Oh I forget.
I forget almost every time I ground them why they're grounded.
But yesterday I made a point to tell them that I'm not gonna forget about it this time!
Do you hear me?!
So I reminded them again this morning that they are not gonna watch t.v. today or tomorrow.
No t.v.
No computer
NoWii
No DS
No electronics! period.

I just wish I could remember why they were grounded in the first place.
I think they were bad. I can't remember.
It must have seemed bad at the time anyway.

Sophie keeps asking if she can watch Dinosaur train.
But, she's grounded. Why do I do this to myself?
If I ground my kids that means I'm grounded too!

She's so bored that she put some of Daddy's socks on her head and said she looks like Blue.
And she wanted to go look for clues.
We found an earing.... somehow that's a clue.
We hung a picture on the wall.... Also a clue
We did our hair and the hair brush, clips, mirror, and hairspray were all clues.
Every room we walked into she said "Keep your eye out for another clue Mom."
"Ok Baby you got it!"
She said Ms. Tessmacher is acting mysterious. And we need to look for clues to find out why.
So we did.
But is mysterious really the word to describe Ms. Tessmacher today?


 It's still morning annnnnnnd I gotta be honest.
This grounding stuff is for the birds!
Who came up with this idea anyway?

I gave in!
Ok you little punk you can watch Dinosaur Train!

I had to film her watching it because.... It shows you all just how much she loves this show!
It makes me laugh how innocent and easily entertained she is!
enjoy...


6 comments:

DP said...

This was too funny. I'm sure what they did was bad. And if you're grounded too, that's just the sacrifice you have to make so you don't raise spoiled kids!

Thanks for visiting me. I am following your blog now :-)
-DP
Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

Jessica said...

Very cute and perfect timing, I just grounded my oldest yesterday before she left for school and forgot about it and also reversed it once she got home and brought it up. Who needs grounding? It is punishment for us all.

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

My oldest is 26 and my youngest is 14. I learned after my oldest that grounding was punishment for me... and it never worked anyway!

Stopping by from Bloggy Moms to say hello and to follow you!

Kara said...

It seems like it is always more work for us moms when we ground our kids but I guess that is what happens. I stopped by from Bloggy Moms to follow you. I am new to this whole blog world.

Teresa Choplin @ tchoplin2009(at)gmail(dot)com said...

I'm now following you! If you could stop by that would be great!

Maria Amore said...

this is too cool, and she's cute,thanks for sharing ;)