Sunday, February 27, 2011

Abby's Big Solo


(This thing was focused and ready to go until at the very moment that she walked out on stage. But I fixed it after a second or two)
She was SO nervous. We were SO proud.... but also nervous for her.
 
She signed ME up to be part of a flash mob just before the concert. Thanks Abby. You're special. ugh
So I had to stand up and start singing The Beatles' "All You need is love" with her. 
In the middle of people talking and eating and laughing.
I have always wanted to be part of a flash mob but when the time came to do it I felt like clutching my throat and faking a cough that was about to claim my life instead of singing.

I was sitting at the table sweating and looking for her wondering if she wasn't going to show up by my side and just leave me there to sing by myself. 
My nerves were nearly shot by the time she finally showed up.
See? Double nervous.

She did an AMAZING job on her big solo.
She picked a fantastic song.
She did fun actions and threw in her cute personality while she sang.
She was GREAT GREAT GREAT!

I think I've watched the video of her performing about 50 times already.
But that's to be expected when you have the worlds best 13 year old in the whole wide world!

11 comments:

April Thomas said...

Hi responding back from Bloggy Moms! I am now a follower and also followed on Twitter, if you have a facebook, just comment that link and I will like as well! Thanks!!
http://haydencouponmom.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/#!/haydencouponmom
http://www.facebook.com/2haydencouponmom?sk=wall

Country Wife said...

She did wonderful! my daughters have watched 3 times --- so of course you should be proud of ONLY 50 viewings! LOL. well done!

Hannah said...

Hello from Bloggymoms :) Your blog is gorgeous!

Heading over to twitter to follow you :)

http://theoliveparent.blogspot.com

@hannaxor

Centsational Saver said...

She did a nice job! You must be a proud mommy. :) Stopping by from Bloggy Moms to follow you. Would love if you do the same. Thanks! Dena

Tab @ Home Life Relived said...

Received your bloggy moms comment. I am now following you via GFC. Would love for you to follow me back.
http://www.homeliferelived.blogspot.com
Thanks!

Love You Always & Forever said...

Hi! Over from Social Moms! She is a wonderful singer! Very talented!!! Looks like she has great stage presence too!!! Great job!

Robyn said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting this!!! I was hoping you would so I could hear it a little better. She was amazing and I'm so proud of her!

Alyssa Ruth said...

I miss you guys so much!! Abby....can I just say that singing on the bus payed off????

AnnelynDesigns said...

So sweet! I remember my mom cried the one time I had a singing solo....it really shocked me. Can't wait for my own little girl to grow up....oh wait, yes I can!

Now following you.
http://annelyndesigns.blogspot.com

Sonja said...

I just love your blog title. Now following!
www.toeuropewithkids.com

Sandi said...

That is amazing!! Good job for both of you!!