Monday, January 24, 2011

Sophie's Wishing and Dreaming

 We've always had the most fun at Disney Land! We talk about it all the time. All the adventures and rides, characters and shows, the browsing and buying in the shops.
But, Sophie has decided that she's never been to Disney Land because she was a baby when she went. Her new favorite line is "I haven't been there as a kid yet! Please take me Mom... please!"  And Todd and I just laugh and keep putting it off. Sophie is not amused.  Sophie want's to go now. Sophie wants Mickey. If Sophie had the proper vocabulary to express her self she would say "This is clearly Child Abuse!"

 My kids are short. I suppose I could expound on that if you like. My kids are really short. (You're welcome) Let me start my explaining the above picture.  Several things are making me laugh so hard I cry. And before you judge, just keep in mind that my kids are short! Look at their shoes.... Isn't that hilarious? The roller skates are tucked safely away so that no one can see them but that extra inch helped them get onto the bigger rides. And I'm happy to report that no one fell out of the roller coaster. whew!
Also, look at Abby's puffy eyes. She happens to be allergic to different geographical areas.  Think that's funny? It's actually true.  Well... sort of.  She's allergic to something at the Utah zoo. And something in Manti Utah.  Also (and we didn't know this at the time) something in Las Vegas, where we spent the night on the way to California. Thus.... puffy for days!

 This was Sophie's age the first time she went there.  Technically speaking she wasn't invited to the last trip to Disney World. Poor thing. She and Haley stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa. Not sure that we've been forgiven for that yet.
 Look how little my Boo Boo (Haley) was! How sweet are these pictures?
 Boo Boo was about 10 or 11 months old when Tiger jumped out to play with her. There were about 100 people standing in line to see him and he just left to play with Boo! I grabbed my camera just in time to snap just one picture! But he played with her for about 5 min. (Sorry people in line)
Isn't this Cinderella the best?  That was a long line.... I think about 2 hours to meet about 4 or 5 princesses in a row but, it was SO worth it!
 This is it.... The single most detrimental picture we posses! It's on the fridge mocking Sophie each and every day! She passes it every once in a while, sighs, slumps and holds her head down low as if someone had told her that Mickey died. This picture is how she knows that she was there but that she was a baby at the time. I don't feel that sorry for her..... can our relationship be saved?
This picture at Disney World reminds me that I think I look better as a blond.
Todd, however does not look good as a blond but he's a good sport to try it for me once in a while.

You keep dreaming and wishing Soph! I'm sure you'll get to go there as a "kid" someday!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

You know what I forgot to mention? The mini package of kleenex in their shoes too! hahahaha

Recovering HoMo said...

Love it. Cute pics Meredith.

Anonymous said...

Thіs piece of writing will hеlp the іnternet νіѕitοгs
foг creating nеw weblοg οr eѵеn a weblog from
start tо end.

Ϻу wеb page - how to lose weight

Anonymous said...

I really like it when peоplе comе togethег and share ideas.
Grеаt blog, keep it up!

my websіte :: personal loans

Anonymous said...

Нellο I am so glad I found your blog, І гeally found уou by mistaκe,
while I was looking on Αol for something elsе,
Αnywayѕ Ӏ am herе now and would јust like to sаy
kuԁos fоr a гemarkablе pοst аnd a all round іnteresting blog (І
alsο love thе theme/desіgn), I don't have time to look over it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

Feel free to visit my weblog: payday