Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Peanut Butter Squares

Wow! I'm so flattered that you all want my recipe, thus......

Peanut Butter Squares
2 Cups powdered sugar
1 Cup butter, softened
1 Cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 3/4 Cups graham cracker crumbs
1 Cup chopped peanuts (I used a mix of nuts...especially almonds!)
1 package (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 Cup peanut butter

Line square pan, 9x9x2 inches, with aluminum foil. Mix powdered sugar, butter, 1 Cup peanut butter and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in graham cracker crumbs and peanuts. (Mixture will be stiff) Press in pan.

Heat Chocolate chips and 1/4 Cup peanut butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Spread over bars. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Remove squares, along with foil, from pan. Fold foil back to cut squares. Refrigerate any remaining squares.
36 squares.

And then I got a whole other pan dirty and melted some white chocolate with a little more peanut butter to drizzle on the top! And now this recipe is mine and not Betty Crock-who's?

And I wanted to quick and tell you guys to take a peek at my friends new blog. It's in my fun sites section below.
Top of the list called

Sawdust Sanity
She makes the cutest crafts! In her basement....all by hand! She is Wonder Woman! So....buy something fun and new!

4 comments:

Dransfield Diaries said...

Thanks for the recipe Meredith. I just ate another one tonight as I was watching The Biggest Loser. You left the plate here so I just could not resist. I swear I eat more calories during that show than any other time of the week. Anyway....maybe tomorrow I will get back on track! LOL!

The Sadlers said...

ah, I wanted to ask but was scared to. I just hope I don't eat the whole plate at once, they look delicious!

The Mortensens said...

YES!!!!!

The Rivers' said...

Can I get some other reciepies from you? (I know I didn't spell that right) I want to make some new things but I don't know where to start. I'm not just talking about desserts, but dinners too. I sent out an e-mail a few days ago to 52 different people and didn't get one reply. That's sad if you ask me. Can you help me please?!?!