Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sisters are the Best Friends

One thing that really breaks poor little Haley's heart is when Abby or Hayden get invited to a Birthday party without her. Her dream is to be invited to a Birthday Party. She talks about it all the time. Since we don't live by family and we haven't really lived by any friends her age.... she's never been invited to a Birthday Party. And where do you think Abby went today? To a Birthday Party! Haley cried and cried to Abby to please take her, but Abby tried to explain that it was just a party for her. So after the party, Abby asked if I would take her to Southlands mall so she could get Haley a little gift to make her feel better. Isn't that cute?She knew just where she wanted to go.... Claires. She is such a sweet big sister! She picked out the cutest necklaces for her sisters. They have a "BF" on each that stands for, obviously "Best Friends". And three bracelets. One says "Best" one says "Friends" and the third says "Forever"!
I think Abigayle is the sweetest and best big sister in the whole world!!! And needless to say.... so does Haley! She was so excited just to have Abigayle home that she came running outside to greet her! In spite of her jealously, she wanted to hear all about the party. And as if the necklaces and bracelets weren't enough. Abby spent the rest of her precious baby sitting money at "The Children's Place" getting her new PJ's and a plush robe! So that the two of them could have a Pajama Party that night!
I can't even tell you how proud I am of my kids! And tonight..... especially Abby! She's so thoughtful and kind to her siblings. We couldn't ask for a better little girl! She's my little angel! I'm even more impressed with her when I consider the fact that she was super tired after the party because they went swimming and obviously had a huge blast, but she still thought about her sad little sister back home waiting on pins and needles to hear all about the party!

14 comments:

jksfam said...

So, so , so SWEET!!!!! What a great big sister that Abby is!!! You're raisin' 'em right!

The Dixon Family said...

*Sigh* I wish I had girls. I'm pretty sure that Gavin would never spend his babysitting (???) money to have a pajama party with Reese. Then again. Who knows. Maybe he would. But for sure they would wrestle the whole time.

Chapman Herd said...

I LOVE that story! Girls are SO sweet! My poor Haylee doesn't have any sisters to be sweet to. She asks me ALL THE TIME "Mom what can you have a sister so I can comb and do her hair?"

The Sadlers said...

Sisters are so cool. I am so glad that your girls love each other. I remember how much we fought as sisters and I am just so glad that my girls love each other like "Best Friends". Yes, they have their moments but they truely love each other. I hope mine are going to be as sweet as your girls. What the COOLEST big sister.

Dransfield Diaries said...

Abby is such a sweet girl. Allison is blessed to have her as a friend. That is amazing that she had the energy and thought to do all that after the party. What a great big sister!

Jenni said...

That is so sweet!!! I love it when my kids think of others!!!

Jennie said...

AWW!!! Everyone is getting so big! When are you coming to visit Utah again? I won't even recognize anyone!

Abigayle said...

Abby is an wsome sister!

Cally said...

Meredith! Hey girly! I was so excited to hear from you. It was funny because I had just been thinking of you a couple of days before, and made a mental note to see if you were on Jenni's list so I could link. Glad you beat me to it! Anyway, how long have you been in Colorado? Is it a permanent thing? I've heard it's a great place to live. Your family is so beautiful and it seems that you are really happy! I will be checking in regularly now - hope that's okay!

Jan said...

I agree Sisters are great! You are so good to foster their love and compassion for each other.

April Nelson said...

I love your sister story, that made my day. So, cute. Haley has always wanted a sister, but she only got 3 brothers.

The Mortensen's said...

Sniff Sniff...that is sooooo cute! Tell Abby I need a little pick me up! Wink Wink!

Jamie said...

Sooo cute. Pretty soon Will and her can get to be buddies. He will be excited to have some kids so close by!!

Jason and Lis Day said...

So are you writing a parenting manual so I can read it? I want my kids to be like this!!! Seriously, what are you doing to get such thoughtful kids?