Saturday, July 12, 2008




If there is anything Haley can do, its Bake with Momma! And at the top of her list is Banana Bread! She loves to make it and she knows the recipe by heart! She counts the bananas for me and gets the flour, sugar, eggs, baking soda, vanilla, hand mixer, rubber spatula, ladle, pam, and my loaf pans out! She's one smart cookie..... or "nana bread"! Her favorite thing is to crack the eggs all by herself! And she's good too. Hayden has tried and he gets shell in the batter. So, Haley says "No Hayden... like this!" This time though she was really cute! She said "Dad sure will be proud of me to make the "nana bread"!" She just loves her Dad and she cries everyday when he leaves. It breaks her heart! Personally I don't see what the big deal is! ok.... he's pretty great! Anyway, he came home and told her it was the best "nana bread" ever. Her face lit up and she explained the whole process that she went through just for his "nana bread". We usually make a ton so if you want some ....... just ask.

6 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

I want some nana bread! I love that stuff! Your girls are Darling!

The Sadlers said...

What a fun thing to do with kids. I have such little counter space here. I miss the long counter we had in Utah where everyone could get around it and help me cook. I hope you guys are having a great hot summer. It's been raining for the last two weeks! But it should be sun tomorrow! :-)

jksfam said...

You're good to cook with your kids - it's not my favorite thing to do...

Nana Bread is yummy. I'd love to be on the receiving end sometime!

Robyn said...

How fun!! Those are great pictures of Haley Bella. We sure miss her! Maybe some 'nana bread could make its way to Yellowstone...

Dransfield Diaries said...

Yum! How cute are you cooking with the little ones. You have great patience! Great to talk to you today.

April Nelson said...

I finally got over to check out your site too. We have a haley too. She spells her name the same way, and she says everyone spells her name wrong. She will be so excited to find someone else that spells it right. Ha, ha. You have a really cute family. Take care
Love April